Salesforce Economy can become six times bigger than now and develop new business revenues of more than $1 Trillion by 2024. As Salesforce develops its product collection through acquisition and innovation, the responsibilities and roles of Salesforce professionals are continuously changing.
There are no chances for regret when you step into Salesforce as there is a wide range of Salesforce roles and huge growth in the ecosystem. A perfect job is easily available according to your personality and skill set.
If you are a beginner, you may confuse whether to look out for Salesforce Developer or Salesforce Administrator, or other roles.
Before applying for the job or pursue courses associated with Salesforce, we suggest learning about each responsibility, role, and task associated with the role.
The Salesforce Admins play the main role by dealing with various things like checking bugs, maximizing the company’s investment, and much more.
They perform main functions as part of Salesforce implementations. There will be a single admin where there is a limited number of end-users.
Large companies that have hundreds and thousands of licenses hire numerous Salesforce admins in their large team. They will be employed along with Business Analysts, Developers, and several other roles.
Roles & Responsibilities of Salesforce Admin
- Function with stakeholders to learn business needs, goals, and pain points.
- Utilize declarative functionality to develop solutions by utilizing the Salesforce platform.
- Collect requirements from various teams and stakeholders within the business.
- Training users on the latest features and functionality.
- Maintaining the platform, stay up to date regarding the latest releases and features, and fix any bugs.
- Make sure entire users have access to Salesforce and carry out their everyday duties without any difficulty.
The Salesforce Developer will possess strong knowledge in programming languages like JAVA and suggest limitations and hold a sound knowledge of Salesforce.
Being the code and API integration expert, the Salesforce developer establishes complex workflows, APEX development, triggers, advanced validation rules, legacy platform integrations, and AppExchange.
The following diagram shows the different levels of Salesforce developer demand:
Roles & Responsibilities of Salesforce Developer
- Follow Salesforce best practices, maintain or write test classes and maintain code documentation for entire custom development.
- Utilize Salesforce APIs to fit in with other applications utilized in the organization.
- Handling customized user interface development covering Lightning Web Components, Aura Components, and Lightning Pages/Visualforce Pages.
- Establishing Apex Triggers and Classes and also test classes for entire custom development.
- Partnering with Salesforce Administrator and validate business requirements as well as focus on other considerations like limits, scalability, security.
Read: 31 Ways to Get a Job at Salesforce
The role for the marketing experts in the Salesforce domain may look challenging to brief due to changes in technical flair, product expertise, and job titles. The marketers mostly come in these categories.
- Marketers who utilize SFMC or Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- Marketers who utilize Pardot.
- Marketing or Pardot Cloud Consultants with experience in implementation and can work on multiple accounts.
- Marketers who can use advanced marketing automation platforms like Marketo.
Roles & Responsibilities of Salesforce Marketers
- Some of the important duties of Salesforce Marketers are as follows. However, a single professional can’t perform all the below duties.
- Review website behavior utilizing Google Analytics to find out why and where website visitors leave the site without purchasing.
- Establish advertising campaigns like digital or social media advertisements through Google Ads to appeal to new visitors to the landing pages and website. There are chances for them to convert as customers when they submit contact details and followed regularly (Email Marketing).
- Remain responsible for passing and failing inbound leads through Pardot grading and scoring.
- Write queries such as SQL, HTML/CSS coding, building integrations, troubleshooting sync performance between platforms, data transformation, data import.
- Results on campaign influence
- Develop Email campaigns utilizing SFMC’s Journey Builder or Pardot’s Engagement Studio.
- Create reports on the campaign’s success and execute changes to improve their results.
- Develop various marketing assets for use in campaigns like trackable links, forms, and landing pages.
- Depend on automation to change through SFMC’s Automation Studio or Pardot completion actions or automation rules.
- Create Salesforce campaigns and making sure the automation application coordinates with the appropriate subscriber or prospect information to the campaign managers like e-book downloads, email engagement.
Salesforce Lightning Developer
Lightning Developers play an integral role in the Salesforce team, providing support to business analysts, technical business analysts, and support analysts in their contribution to analyzing, designing, developing, and enhancing current and future Salesforce functionality using the Lightning components.
This new Salesforce CRM platform is called Lightning Experience. There are optimized sales and service process pages and a modern user experience.
Roles & Responsibilities of Salesforce Lightning Developer
- Experience with Sales, Apex, VF, Deployment of Lightning in Salesforce.com
- Integrate platforms such as NetSuite, Pardot, Slack, Qualtrics, etc.
- Developing and deploying software for use in internal operations.
- Participate in unit testing and quality assurance.
- Manage a wide range of SFDC tasks for internal users.
- Configuration experience with Salesforce.
- Unit testing should be performed to ensure the software is defect-free.
- Making sure the tests are covered and creating test methods.
- Documenting modules/enhancements developed.
- Apex classes, VF pages, and Trigger development experience.
- Develop features and components for lightning.
- Developing the SOAP/rest integrations.
- Hands-on experience with APEX, Visualforce, JQuery, SOAP, REST, triggers, and business processors.
Salesforce Technical Architect
The Salesforce Technical Architect carries out the majority of technical duties of the project. The best part is they would have extensive experience in the Salesforce platform as well as other technologies that are integrated into Salesforce.
Roles & Responsibilities of Technical Architect
- Know the limits of Salesforce application mainly where there are large data volumes involved.
- Can determine risks connected with development including security, performance, or scalability problems.
- Hold experience in managing a developing team and at the same time makes sure best practices in integration and development.
- Have a comprehensive knowledge of Salesforce products, development, customization, and incorporation into other systems.
- Remain in charge of the technical execution and direction of the project.
- Maintaining and administering governance.
Salesforce Solution Architect
There is a good demand for Salesforce Solution Architect in the industry in recent years.
When Salesforce implementations get challenging and larger, the Solution Architect takes care of the implementation to make sure the exact solution is executed for the predictable needs.
In simple terms, they are in charge of bringing out a solution for a particular issue by utilizing the existing Salesforce technologies and products.
They concentrate on establishing fresh plans instead of focusing on the existing ones. The Salesforce Solution Architects has to be well-versed with the platform and should hold numerous Salesforce certifications.
Roles & Responsibilities of Salesforce Solution Architect
- Reviewing the transfer of architect solution.
- Make sure that all customizations and solutions to the platform cater to best practices.
- Establish architect solutions that are scalable, secure, and cater to the business needs using Salesforce.
- Have a thorough knowledge of the Salesforce products and also development and customization possibilities.
- Manage the responsibilities for the entire Salesforce solution.
Salesforce Project Manager
The Salesforce Project Managers work at Salesforce Consultancies and also function for the large end-users. They check and monitor project delivery status and make sure the project is delivered within the budget, within scope, and on time.
Roles & Responsibilities of Salesforce Project Manager
- Making sure the entire team members properly utilize the Salesforce project management tools.
- Ensuring the team members remain responsible for submitting work on time.
- Effectively plan the project timeline by organizing any phases and sprint planning.
- Taking charge of delivering the project by meeting the milestones and within scope.
- Reviewing the complete delivery of the project.
- Changing plans and schedules as required and determine and resolve problems to make sure the project is a successful one.
Salesforce Business Analyst
The Business Analyst in an organization asks questions like what business requires from technology and why a particular process happens in the same way, etc. They serve as a translator.
Roles & Responsibilities of Salesforce Business Analyst
- Collect requirements to determine what people require from the technology and tools they utilize.
- Draft user stories! It is a task that is accomplished to cater to the overall business need by following a structure.
- Maintain the user documentation in updated status when release cycles are accomplished.
- Through business process mapping, they develop visual illustrations of the business procedures.
- The business process map consists of all the steps in the procedures, how to measure success, who performs what, and other additional contexts.
- As part of requirements acceptance, they help business users or individuals who offer solutions to review the user stories or requirements that are already drafted up.
Salesforce Platform Manager
On the whole, the role of Salesforce Platform Manager may look confusing as there are two kinds in the market.
The first category involves hands-on experience with Salesforce and performing various responsibilities of the administrator. However, they will view the platform strategically and develop to manage a small team.
The second category will involve managing a large team that consists of multiple Salesforce Business Analysts, Developers, and Administrators.
Roles & Responsibilities of Salesforce Platform Manager
- Vendor management
- Stakeholder management
- Change management
- Complete management of Salesforce platform and association with multiple teams
- Run demonstrations and collect feedback
- Review and take care of bug fixes and releases
- Allocation of responsibilities to the Salesforce team
The Salesforce Consultants function with existing and new implementations to help in building custom functionality or implement new products.
They work for consultancies that are involved in the latest implementations and existing implementations that are challenging and require external support.
Roles & Responsibilities of Salesforce Consultant
- Developing Salesforce solutions as per user stories
- Analyzing projects by collecting client stakeholder’s needs
- Conducting demonstrations of Salesforce to collect feedback
- Training super users and users
- Documenting the Salesforce platform
- Reviewing User Acceptance Testing
Salesforce Vlocity CPQ Consultant
The Vlocity CPQ Consultant should know to implement Salesforce Vlocity CPQ products. They have to work by teaming up with the vendor team, clients, and core delivery teams.
Roles & Responsibilities of Salesforce Vlocity CPQ Consultant
- Offer guidance to clients regarding domain expertise and leading practices.
- Experience with Define Rules, Authoring plans, product config, differentiate rules between new products.
- Participate in internal initiatives and pre-sales activities as needed.
- Help technical leads in performing pro-active solution design, prototyping, architecture roadmaps, solution architecture, development, and proof of concepts tasks when needed in support of new and existing projects.
- Team up with senior-level resources across pricing operations, sales operations, product management, order, and legal management.
Salesforce Marketing Cloud Developer
Salesforce Marketing Cloud Developers code, configure, test, and debug campaigns including setting up data solutions, email distributions, and creating audiences and making use of Salesforce Marketing Cloud Platform capabilities.
As a Marketing Cloud scripting expert, they implement personalized messages and landing pages as well as implement dynamic features within Marketing Cloud.
Roles & Responsibilities of Salesforce Marketing Cloud Developer
- Building, testing, and deploying marketing campaigns across several Marketing Cloud Studios.
- Develop email templates in HTML, CSS, and AMPscript coding.
- Create multi-touchpoint campaigns based on user activity.
- Deliver customized social communications.
- Automate tasks such as extracts, imports, and SQL query activities.
- Establish an A/B testing strategy and implement it.
- Hands-on experience using AMPScript and SSJS to create Cloud Pages is a must.
- Perform code optimizations on AMP scripts.
- Ability to integrate marketing cloud with external systems through API integrations, both REST and SOAP.
- Good knowledge of Agile, Scrum, and other methodologies is essential.
- Each reporting channel within SFMC should be known.
Salesforce Release Manager
The ideal Salesforce Release Manager possesses excellent communication skills and is passionate about being part of a dynamic, high-quality team that delivers robust, scalable solutions.
It is important that a Release Manager has experience with the Salesforce platform.
The role involves introducing new tools and automating processes, defining a new approach to making changes easier, and maintaining an architecture that hosts multiple applications on one codebase.
Roles & Responsibilities of Salesforce Release Manager
- Creating and synchronizing sandbox metadata and appropriate data sets, as well as monitoring and maintaining all Salesforce sandboxes
- Maintain consistency between development, QA, UAT, and production Salesforce sandbox environments.
- Models and strategies for git branching.
- Maintain version control for released components.
- Ensure code coverage criteria are met by resolving merge conflicts, deployment errors, and fixing deployment errors.
- Ensure quality releases and timely development through coordination between development and QA teams.
- Deployment of defects-free software is crucial to a successful development team and QA team.
- Conduct a post-deployment review of release readiness.
- Perform regression testing in production environments in close collaboration with the QA team.
- Communicate changes and release schedules to stakeholders.
- Keep release notes up-to-date.
- Assist in the management of release notes with Product Management.
- Manage each project’s deployment process by creating, maintaining, and standardizing all necessary documentation.
- Develop plans to improve the process and automate the release process by documenting release issues and identifying ways to improve.
As presented in this article, you should now understand what the different types of Salesforce roles entail and what you may need to implement Salesforce within your organization.
You can expect to see more articles like this in the future, such as information about when one type of Salesforce role is more appropriate than another.
If you have any insights you think others would find useful, let us know and we’ll put together content! Please contact us for more information or if you have questions about the talent we represent that matches your needs.