1. Is there a difference between a Salesforce Solutions Architect and a Salesforce Technical Architect?
As a Solution Architect, you design solutions and also lead the solution delivery process, whereas a Technical Architect leads and manages the delivery process for technological solutions.
Technical Architects are hired when Solutions Architects lack expertise in specific technologies. Solutions Architects play a more influential role, while Technical Architects play a more individual performer role.
2. What Is the Salesforce Architecture?
It has a series of layers on top of each other. Salesforce offers core services to customers on the multi-tenant cloud. It helps your organization irrespective of size to access the same computing power, data storage, and core features.
Multitenancy in Salesforce allows you to keep your data secure and get the latest features through seamless upgrades – automatically, three times a year.
3. In Salesforce, what is the Page Layout?
Using Page Layouts, you can customize the organization and design of Salesforce record detail pages and edit pages. In addition, they can define how fields, custom links, and related lists appear on details and edit pages of standard and custom object pages that users can view.
In addition, it is able to control which of the standard and custom buttons will be displayed on the details page as well as on the related pages.
For example, you can create custom fields for an account object such as membership plan, membership expiration date, and last recharge amount, and create page layouts based on these fields.
4. What is Salesforce Record Types? What are the uses of record types?
Using Salesforce Record Types, you can specify record categories that are useful for displaying different page layouts and picklist values for certain records. Salesforce admins typically attach record types to profiles so that different user types can have access to different page layouts, picklist values, and record details on the detail page of the record.
For example, Create picklist values based on the product line, region, and other segmented business needs.
5. In what ways do Workflows and Workflow Rules differ? What are the types of Workflow?
It is a business logic engine for the Force.com platform that allows the definition of rules to automate actions following certain criteria. There are three types of evaluation criteria you can use for workflows.
Three types can be distinguished:
- Project Workflow
- Case Workflows
- Process Workflows
The workflow rule, on the other hand, acts as a container containing components like criteria, actions, and conditions, which, if found true, will allow the action to proceed. Whenever a workflow rule is defined, it is only one object that influences the fields which are available for setting the criteria, since this very object is the basis of all workflow rules.
6. How are time-dependent workflows defined?
Any field with the type Date or Date time on an object can be used to trigger time-based workflow actions based on a defined rule.
For example, When an enormous opportunity is 14 days away from its intended close date, remind opportunity owners by generating critical date reminders to remind them about the opportunity. If the Close Date of the Opportunity is 10 days away, then you should also use the same rule to notify the sponsor and then change the ownership of the opportunity.
7. Is it possible to have time-based workflows on custom objects?
There is no doubt that it is true, and it applies to any object that Workflow supports.
8. With time-based workflow, what are the workflow actions?
The existing types of actions are available, including Tasks, Email Alerts, Field Updates, and Outbound Messages.
9. Does time-based workflow have any restrictions?
Yes, it is not possible to configure a time-dependent workflow action that is used to evaluate the criteria “Every time a record is created or edited”.
10. What is the process for clearing the time-based Workflow action queue?
We can use the workflow rule queue to identify the record name in the workflow rule queue so we can hunt down the pending actions individually and cancel them. It is also possible to remove the time-based Workflow rule queue by removing the scheduled actions or removing the criteria.
11. Describe Organization-Wide Default. How many accesses does OWD have?
These OWD settings are the default access level on Salesforce objects. They can give permissions to organization-wide users as well as control access at the record level.
There are several access options available to them:
- Public Read Only.
- View Only.
- Hide Details.
- Public Full Access.
- Show Details and events.
- Controlled by parent
- Public Read/Write.
- Hide Details and Events.
- Public Read/Write/Transfer.
- Show Details.
12. How do workflow actions differ?
A few of these are:
- A field needs to be updated.
- You can send an email.
- Tasks can be assigned to Salesforce users.
- An outbound message should be sent.
13. How do you define Workflow Tasks?
The task assignment feature helps to assign a task to a particular user, role, or record owner by automating the process of determining the assignment details that are given to each user.
14. In Salesforce, what is a Workflow Alert?
The Workflow Alerts help you to build notifications based on the actions taken by Salesforce. When a specific workflow rule gets triggered, a template is sent to the relevant people in the end-user organization when this rule has been triggered. It is possible to attach a maximum number of 5 alerts to each action.
Example: Users or contacts with valid email addresses can receive workflow email alerts.
15. Describe Apex in a few words?
As an object-oriented programming language, Apex allows developers to execute flow, transaction control statements, and flow on Salesforce servers, as well as calls to the API. It uses Java-like syntax, acts like a database stored procedure, and has a syntax similar to Java.
The Apex code can be triggered from triggers on objects or Web Service Requests to add business logic for some system events, such as Visualforce pages, button clicks, and record updates.
16. Apex classes can be called in how many ways?
Apex classes can be called in the following ways:
- From another class
- From Developer Console
- From Visualforce Page
- From the Home page components
17. Can you tell me what S-Control is?
The S-Control Application provides a flexible, open way for Salesforce users to extend their user interface, which includes the ability to create and display custom data forms. There is any kind of content that can be viewed or run on a browser, such as ActiveX controls, Java applets, custom HTML web forms, or Excel files.
18. Can you tell me what a Visualforce Page is?
The Visualforce framework has a tag-based markup language similar to HTML, providing the opportunity to display, access, and update your organization’s data in a number of powerful ways. It also features a form-based markup language similar to HTML that can be used by developers to construct applications.
A visualforce page can be invoked or referenced by its unique URL as if it were a web page on a traditional web server. There are also “standard controllers” on the server that enable you to perform various database operations, such as saving and queries.
19. Is Visual Force still able to use merge fields like S-Control?
It is possible to embed merge fields similarly to S-Controls in Visualforce Pages.
20. Can you tell me what Salesforce Governor Limits are?
As part of Salesforce’s Force.com platform, Governor limits ensure that resources are used in a practical manner. Developers can use Governor Limits to use their code effectively. When the Governor’s limit isn’t met, an error occurs, and the program stops.
21. Can you tell me what Apex Governor Limits are?
As Apex runs in a multi-tenant environment, a single resource is shared among all organizations and customers. Governor Limits help to restrict the execution of code to allow you to configure your application.
Be sure to stay within Salesforce Apex coding, as Apex has different or individual coding limits. This prevents anyone from monopolizing the resources.
22. How do Sandboxes and Development Environments differ?
The Sandbox environment is a copy of your Salesforce.com instance. The Developer editions are free and independent.
||It’s not free
In this way, you can test any changes, AppExchange apps or updates, and implementations by copying your live instance to a sandbox environment
On the other hand, Developer editions are free, independent environments that offer hands-on training without sacrificing your live data.
It can serve the purpose of development of integrations and apps, meant for the AppExchange.
As well as being a great tool for training/testing Salesforce.com, everyone can get it for free
||The application runs on Sandbox Pods (CS1 or CS2)
||It can be run on Product Pods (NA1 or NA2)
23. What is the best way to schedule an export backup of your Salesforce data?
You can create backup files manually after six days for once only or schedule them to be generated automatically after intervals of a week or month by using Salesforce’s data export feature.
All your organization’s data is contained in a zip file as a set of CSV (comma-separated) files. Formula and roll-up summary fields are not exported.
24. Can you tell me what Amazon Web Services (AWS) is?
As a leading PaaS service, AWS is one of Amazon’s most successful offerings. It allows developers to develop a platform by using a code library and a compute engine, as well as a community to share with each other the best of their ideas and innovations.
25. Do you know how to protect yourself from injection attacks?
Injection attacks can be protected in many ways. They are secured by avoiding the use of dynamic Structured Query Language (SQL). Additionally, a web application firewall can be used. As well as continuous monitoring of SQL statements related to web application connections.
26. In order to ensure security, what is your protocol?
To make cloud environments secure, we need to take the following steps:
- Data backups on a daily basis
- Continuously monitor the situation
- Protect data by encrypting it and using antivirus software
27. In order to become a Solution Architect, what certifications are required?
Individual skills required for each role vary. However, they include:
- Apache Kafka
28. Salesforce has two tools for managing data. What are they?
Data management tools include:
- Data Loader
- Data Import Wizard
29. Can you tell me what a Data Import Wizard is?
This feature simplifies the process of importing standard objects such as contacts, leads, accounts, person accounts, etc. It is possible to import custom objects as well, but there is a limit to the number of records that can be imported, which is 50,000 records.
30. Would you be able to tell me more about Export and Export All regarding Data Loader?
There are two buttons on the Salesforce Data Loader – Export and Export All.
As soon as the user clicks the Export button with any Salesforce object, all the records of each object will be exported to a .csv file (except those that are in the recycle bin) once the user clicks the Export button.
In contrast, when using the Export All option, all the records, including those in the recycle bin, are exported to a .csv file along with those in the recycle bin.
31. Are there different types of Salesforce reports?
They are as follows:
Tabular Report: Like a spreadsheet, it offers quick and easy access to data.
Summary Report: Similar to a tabular report, it allows users to create charts, view subtotals, and group rows of data.
Matrix Report: A matrix report summarizes and groups data by rows and columns, similar to a summary report.
Joined Report: This type of report allows you to create multiple blocks for different views of data.
32. In Salesforce, what are bucket fields?
This is a simple method of grouping, arranging, and filtering report data, which does not require any sophisticated algorithms or custom fields.
A bucket field consists of numerous categories (buckets) that are used to group report values.
33. What is the access level to the “drag and drop dashboard”? Can it be scheduled?
In Salesforce.com, dynamic dashboards provide security settings for dashboards and display metrics in an organization.
Dynamic dashboards have two settings options:
- Run as a logged-in user.
- Run as a specific user.
34. Can you explain what a Roll-up Summary field is? What types are there?
Different types of calculations can be performed using the roll-up summary fields. The master object must be used to create them. In contrast to formula fields, which calculate values based on fields in a single record, they are also useful for calculating values from a set of records, such as those in a related list.
This type of roll-up summary field can automatically display the value on a master record based on records in a detailed record. However, the master and detailed records must be linked directly through master-detail relationships.
A roll-up summary field can be one of four different types:
Example: To summarize related opportunities, create a roll-up summary field for an account object.
35. What is a Sharing Rule, and what are its types?
A Salesforce sharing rule can automatically make exceptions to the Organization-Wide Defaults for users who do not own the record by creating an exception to the defaults. Apps that are installed from Force.com cannot be shared by adding sharing rules to packages.
If the developer wishes, the sharing rules can also be based on other criteria or record ownership as well. Apex can then be used by the developer to create criteria-based sharing rules. However, criteria-based sharing cannot be tested with Apex.
Sharing rules can be divided into two types:
An example of an owner-based sharing rule is when a company’s sales managers need to see opportunities owned by sales managers in another region. By using owner-based sharing, the Sales manager could give the Regional Sales Manager access to the opportunities owned by the primary team.
For example, if you have a job application object and a picklist named “Departments”, a criteria-based sharing rule will share all job applications for departments set as “IT”, viewed by the IT Manager.
36. Can you tell me what the standard profile is?
Salesforce orgs consist of standard profiles that can be assigned to users. Custom profiles can also be created, edited, and deleted in Professional, Enterprise, Unlimited, Performance, and Developer Editions.
37. Can you explain what User Permissions are?
By defining user permissions, you can specify what tasks users can perform and which features they can access.
As an example:
The “View Setup and Configuration” permission allows users to view Setup pages, whereas the “API Enabled” permission allows users to access any Salesforce API.
38. Can you tell me more about permission sets?
Permission sets are a group of settings and permissions that give the user access to a range of tools and functions that extend their functional access without altering their profiles in any way.
39. How do you define a trigger? In what ways do triggers differ?
In Salesforce, triggers are custom actions that happen before and after a record is changed. Examples include insertions, deletions, and updates. Developers can also use triggers to call Apex. There is nothing more than a piece of Apex code that runs prior to and after the next set of activities.
Triggers in Salesforce can be divided into two categories:
- Before trigger: Before saving records, records need to be updated or validated.
- After trigger: Accessing system-defined field values.
40. Describe yourself to us.
It’s important to introduce yourself to the interviewer, explaining your education, prior work experience, hobbies and interests, and any certifications, patents, and volunteer experience that you may have.
41. Can you tell me about the current project you are working on?
Provide a detailed description of your current project. If you have recently joined and don’t have many contributions to the project, then describe any prior projects you have worked on. The next few questions may be based on the project you described.
42. At your current company, what are your responsibilities and roles?
Your roles and responsibilities should be explained.
43. Are you looking for a change for any reason?
It is possible for you to explain your situation, for example, whether you are looking for a new role, visa sponsorship, a better salary, or moving to another city.
44. How did you overcome challenges in the most challenging project you have worked on so far?
When it comes to describing the most challenging project you have worked on, there are a number of ways you can do it. As a result, there can be a range of technical and organizational challenges that are related to the project, such as the integration of multiple complex systems, the fact that the project involves multiple vendors with little or no collaboration among them, and the tight budgetary and schedule constraints.
45. Can you tell me more about the Salesforce Center of Excellence (COE) and what its primary objective is?
Through a Center of Excellence, organizations prioritize, identify, assign, execute, and communicate while leveraging people, knowledge, technology, and processes.
Responsibilities of the Center of Excellence:
- Manage global or multi-divisional projects
- Enhances the quality of the release lifecycle and reduces deployment risk
- Business and IT operations should be aligned
- Developing in-house salesforce.com expertise
- Optimize knowledge, resources, and tools to identify, prioritize, assign, execute, and communicate within organizations
46. A company that has used Salesforce for more than five years is working with you. Recently some users have complained that some reports aren’t working correctly.
How will you investigate the problem?
Large data volumes (LDV) can cause sluggish performance, including slow queries, slower slow search results and sandbox refreshes. The solution to this problem is to plan for LDV up front by designing your data model so that scalability is built in from the beginning.
The following types of data skew can negatively affect performance:
- Account data skews occur when there are too many records associated with the same parent account that have too many child records
- Ownership skew – When a single user owns many records of the same type, an ownership imbalance results.
- Lookup skew – This occurs when too many records in a lookup object are associated with a single record
The Large Data Volume problem can be solved in two ways:
Solution for the short term
- Identify possible indexes using Query Optimizer
- Examine the possibility of skinny tables and big objects
- Skewed data should be eliminated
Solution for the Long Term
- Implement a data archiving strategy
- Using External Objects, expose data
47. There is a customer using Service Cloud and planning to implement Financial Services Cloud at the same time. If you were to recommend Brownfield (upgrading existing Service Cloud orgs to Financial Services Cloud) versus Greenfield (implementing a new Financial Services Cloud org and migrating existing Service Cloud org functionality), what factors would you consider?
A comparison of greenfield and brownfield implementations of the Financial Services Cloud
|New Org (Greenfield)
||Upgrade existing Org to FSC (Brownfield)
|Date migration effort is not a concern
||Lot of data in the current org and want to minimize the data migration effort
|Customizations should be retired
||Minor customizations are needed
|AppExchange App not implemented
||AppExchange Apps do not need to be reimplemented
The end user in the existing organization should not be affected
|Minimize the impact of FSC on end users by implementing it in multiple phases
48. The customer you’re working for acquired another company with multiple Salesforce orgs in multiple countries and plans to consolidate the orgs.
How would you recommend org consolidation?
Consolidation of organizations can be approached in three ways
- One Org – Choose one of the existing orgs as the primary and migrate data and functionality from the other orgs to the primary org.
- Centralized Model (Hub & Spoke) – Assign one organization as the central organization (Hub) which will synchronize key data between all organizations.
- Federated model – It is common for organizations to remain independent, with data sharing occurring on-demand between them. Look for opportunities to consolidate less customized organizations.
49. Provide an explanation of Salesforce Platform Integration Design Patterns.
- Remote Process Invocation – Invoking and responding to a remote process
- Remote Process Invocation – Fire and Forget: Salesforce fires a remote process without waiting for it to complete
- Syncing of batch data – When data is updated in one system or another, the changes are reflected in both systems.
- Remote Call-In – Remote systems are capable of creating, retrieving, updating, or deleting data
- Data Virtualization – Data from external sources can be accessed live by Salesforce
- High-Frequency Data Replication – A source system replicates data in near-real time to a target system
- Publish/Subscribe – Salesforce publishes events (such as records being created, changed, deleted, etc.) without knowing who may be receiving them.
50. Could you tell me about a time when your client, users, or team did not like your proposed solution?
In order to provide an acceptable solution, you would need to demonstrate adaptability, not take negative feedback personally, and perhaps rely on your team members.
51. Tell me about a solution you’re really proud of.
Show off your creativity with your answer – this is your chance!
52. What is the best time to use an out-of-the-box solution or a customized one?
In many cases, this question depends on how much a buyer values marginal enhancements. If someone has a lot of money to spend and is very concerned about something specific, custom might be the best option. There are several use cases where you can get 95% of the way to your desired state without customization, so it might not be worth it, especially since Salesforce iterates on its own features, not custom ones.
53. How do you ensure that your designs are scalable?
Depending on what you’ve done in the past, this can be pretty open-ended, but the idea is that you should describe how you addressed the challenges of working with one user or 1000, or one record or one million.
54. How do you ensure that your designs are easy to maintain?
Similarly to the above, this will depend on specific work you have done, but you will be referencing Custom Settings or Metadata instead of updating Flows or Apex directly for business logic. It is intended to illustrate that an architect does not need to perform regular maintenance on something that has been designed and built.
55. How would an ideal technical implementation look operationally?
Show your understanding of different methodologies like waterfall, agile, or adaptive – and specifically how your client’s Salesforce experience impacts how you perform discovery, sprint, demo, deliver, and iterate.
56. Do you have any examples of clever or useful integrations you’ve supported?
It’s another chance to show off your creativity and complexity!
57. What are the advantages and disadvantages of different integration architectures such as messaging, middleware, and event-driven integration?
The answer to this question has generally been accepted to be either right or wrong, depending on your perspective (think about Salesforce’s Integration Architect certification). Brush up in advance!
58. How do you deliver solutions for simple requirements that don’t require coding but could be coded?
Though most architects will have their own opinions here, it may depend on each client’s preferences and resources. It is important to demonstrate flexibility for clients who have strong opinions, but you should also offer a well-informed recommendation to clients who are unsure.
59. When it comes to proactively identify and resolving product issues, how do you do it?
The best thing is to be proactive – have you built something like an error log that inserts a row with details any time an error occurs in your flow or an exception is caught in your code? In other words, waiting for end users to identify bugs won’t set you apart from the competition.
60. Can you work with a team of developers to create custom applications?
Use your answer to emphasize any teamwork skills you developed while collaborating with other members of your previous teams to help the interviewer determine if you have experience working with a team of developers to build applications.
For example, I’ve been involved in several Salesforce technology development projects where I collaborated with my development team to develop custom applications. As a result of these situations, I would work with my team to determine what they needed and how long the project would take. As well as meeting our company’s deadlines, I would develop Salesforce solutions that met our client’s needs.
61. For a Salesforce architect, which technical skills are most important?
By answering this question, you will be demonstrating to the interviewer that you have a good understanding of what is needed to succeed in this position. You could answer by explaining why architects need certain technical skills.
As an example, Salesforce architects should be able to write Apex code well. It is essential that I understand how different components work together since I use Apex code to create, update, and delete objects within the platform. To ensure that all necessary information reaches its intended destination, I must understand how data flows through different processes. In summary, I believe it is crucial to understand SOQL and SOSL queries, as well as the tools used to execute them.”
62. In what ways do you ensure the scalability and efficiency of your designs?
Describe previous projects where you implemented scalable, efficient designs that allowed the data to grow over time. By asking this question, the interviewer can determine whether you’re capable of creating scalable, efficient designs.
For instance, I utilize Apex Triggers, Apex Classes, and Visual Flow to make my designs scalable and efficient. Additionally, reusable Salesforce components are created with Lightning Components, reducing development costs and time while increasing efficiency and scalability.
63. Can you design and deploy custom reports and dashboards?
You may be asked this question during an interview to learn how you have designed reports and dashboards in Salesforce. They want to know if you possess the skills required. task on their team. Make sure your answer highlights your ability to create custom reports and dashboards, as well as to deploy them to users, as well as to deploy them to your team.
In order to get a better understanding of how you have designed reports and dashboards in Salesforce, I asked you this question. They want to find out if you possess the skills to understand their needs and design a report or dashboard that meets those needs. After that, I would make the report or dashboard available to all relevant users.
64. If your business needs have changed, how have you adapted your original design?
Interviewers can learn more about your ability to adapt to change and whether your original designs work by asking this question. As a result of changing business needs, customer feedback, or other factors, describe your previous roles in which you had to adjust your original plans.
For example – The last role I held was that of a Salesforce architect, which required me to create a mobile application for our sales team. Researching what features were important to the sales team led me to design a system that would allow them to access all the information they need while out on the field. However, after implementing the app, some sales representatives wanted more detailed information about specific products than was provided by the app.
Working with the development team, we developed a new feature that allowed users to view detailed information about products when they clicked on them. Having access to the entire database was not necessary for the sales team to get the information they needed.
65. What would be your top priorities during your first few weeks on the job?
The interviewer wants to know how you intend to start your new role. Describe how your willingness and eagerness to contribute to the company’s success can be demonstrated in your answer.
As an example, I’d like to learn more about the company, its culture, and its goals. Also, I am interested in meeting my teammates and learning more about their roles within the company. In order to accomplish the company’s goals, I would begin familiarizing myself with Salesforce. In the end, I would develop a plan for integrating Salesforce into the daily operation of the company.”
66. How would you react if two departments began using the same data in two different systems?
In addition to testing your knowledge of data modeling, this question also allows you to demonstrate how you can solve problems and communicate effectively with different departments to find solutions that benefit everyone.
For example, To resolve this problem, I would first determine why the same data is being used by two different departments. As soon as I have determined if there are any overlaps and needs, I would meet with each department to discuss their needs. Then I would ask them for their expectations of the system and see if we could come up with something that would satisfy both. In the event that there is some overlap between the two systems without sacrificing important information, I would consider merging them.”
67. How can Salesforce be customized?
Additionally, this question can be used to test your knowledge of the different types of Salesforce customizations as well as to show the interviewer that you know how to use them effectively.
For example, Salesforce can be customized in three ways: declaratively, programmatically, and metadata-based. Configuration customizations are made through Salesforce’s configuration page, while programmatic customizations are made through Apex code. Adding or modifying fields in metadata is how metadata is customized.”
68. Have you ever worked with SOQL queries?
This question is often asked to determine how well you know Salesforce’s most common features. Salesforce records can be searched using SOQL. When you don’t have direct SOQL experience, explain your ability to learn new processes quickly.
For example, “I know how to use SOQL queries, but I’m always interested in learning new things. As part of my last role, I had to create a report incorporating data from multiple sources. After researching SOSL and learning how to use it, I applied it to my project. I took some time getting comfortable with it, but I eventually produced an effective report.”
69. When designing a solution, is there a particular method or process you follow?
Your interviewer will be able to assess how you approach a project and your experience designing solutions for it. Describe the process or methodology you use when working on projects in your answer, including any steps you take during each phase.
For example, I can create a solution that meets all business requirements using the Waterfall model. In order to understand stakeholders’ and users’ needs, I collect information from them. A solution is expected to be created. In order to determine what features the system should have, I analyze the data. In the next step, I develop the user interface and design the application architecture. Before implementing an application, I test it.”
70. Can you suggest an application that would help our sales team collaborate on opportunities through Salesforce?
The purpose of this question is for the interviewer to assess your ability to solve problems and your ability to work with others in a collaborative manner as well. Describe how you would handle this situation in your answer. To make sales teams more collaborative, you would add specific features or functions to Salesforce to make this possible.
For example, In my opinion, it’s important to have an application that provides access to all relevant information at the same time. The opportunity revenue forecast, stage, type, lead source, and other fields would be included in a custom object such as ‘Opportunities’ in my case. “Salespeople will be able to collaborate with colleagues and work on opportunities with ease.”
71. I would like to hear about your experience with the Apex code.
In this question, you will be asked how you have worked with Apex code, which is a programming language used by Salesforce. You should describe the types of projects you worked on that required Apex code, as well as how you implemented it.
For example, Having worked with Salesforce for five years, I have experience with Apex code. During my previous position, I developed Apex code to create new objects within the system. My Apex code would be used for creating new pages or adding fields to existing objects, for instance. When Apex code developed problems, I also had to update it when necessary.
72. Can you tell me what makes you a good candidate for this job?
Answering this question allows the interviewer to gain a better understanding of your skills and experiences and how they align with the position. Whenever you answer, emphasize any specific skills or experiences relevant to the position.
My experience as a Salesforce architect has allowed me to work on both large and small projects, and I also have extensive knowledge of technology, such as cloud computing and data warehouses. Because of my skills, I am the ideal candidate for this position since I believe I will be able to contribute to the success of your company.”
73. What programming languages have you worked with in the past?
When you are asked about your experience with multiple languages, the interviewer will be able to determine your level of proficiency with programming languages. If you are knowledgeable about multiple languages, be sure to share which ones you have used in the past and explain how they are relevant to the Salesforce architect role.
For example, My previous experience includes C#, Java, and Python. In Salesforce, these three languages are the most commonly used for creating applications. Hence, I can create Visual Flow processes, custom objects, and Apex triggers with them. During my time at my last company, I used all three languages to develop new features for our client’s sales team.”
74. Which aspect of Salesforce architecture do you think is most important?
Answer this question with an example of how you used this feature in your previous position to demonstrate your knowledge of Salesforce.
For example, At my last job, I worked with a client with multiple locations across the country. Salesforce architecture ensured that all users had access to data, regardless of where they were or what device they were using. The company used Salesforce for customer service, sales, and marketing. Any location at any time would be able to view the company’s reports.
Using location-based user groups, only information relevant to each location was displayed to users. Additionally, we implemented mobile capabilities that allowed employees to check the latest information while on the go. The company was able to streamline its processes and save money by not having to purchase new equipment.”
75. What new languages and technologies do you keep up-to-date with?
Inquiring about how often you keep abreast of industry trends and developments will help the interviewer determine if you are up-to-date. It is also possible to demonstrate that you are willing to learn new things, an essential skill for Salesforce architects. Make sure you explain how willing you are to learn new skills and technologies in your answer.
The following example would illustrate why “I am always interested in improving my programming skills”. I’ve taken several online courses about coding languages and read articles about new technology regularly. Attending conferences, where I can meet other professionals in this field, is helpful to me.”
76. What is the best way to address a bug in a custom application you created?
The purpose of this question is to assess your problem-solving abilities and your ability to work independently. Additionally, it will demonstrate your general approach to challenges. Explain how you would identify, determine the cause, and fix the problem.
For example, When I design a custom application, I check for updates as soon as possible. In the event that a bug is detected, I immediately update the code and thoroughly test it before deploying it. It’s my job to find the source of the problem if I cannot find it by examining the code line by line.”
77. Which is the most innovative solution you have proposed in your experience as a solution architect?
For the company to be able to benefit from your experience in specific technologies, they need to understand your experience in that field. By providing them with an innovative solution, you can help them understand how you are able to provide solutions that are specific to their company or client’s needs.
We faced a challenge from a creditor when I worked for a previous company. Users were encouraged to create accounts and find the right credit cards for their lifestyles on the company’s website. They wanted to give customers the option of returning to credit cards they had previously viewed. In my recommendation, guests should be able to favorite credit cards via the user interface. In this way, consumers can mark the cards they wish to choose when visiting the website again. As a result, the creditor increased its customer base.”
78. Can you tell me what AWS is?
In interviews for solution architect jobs or AWS solution architect jobs, this question may be asked. Your knowledge of the job role is being evaluated by this question. You can also demonstrate your knowledge of popular technological platforms by answering the interviewer’s questions.
“The Amazon Web Services (AWS) are a service offered by Amazon that provides database storage, computing power, content delivery, and networking. An AWS solution architect specializes in designing and implementing cloud-based solutions. Solution architects develop AWS cloud solutions that are secure, resilient, and efficient by following the AWS Well-Architected Framework pillars. This includes implementing the architecture of the company’s cloud-based systems. AWS solution architects tend to be knowledgeable about cloud migration protocols. As a scalable platform, AWS solution architects are able to design customized solutions for their clients.”
79. What does Domain Driven Design mean?
In order to assess your knowledge of key concepts of solution architecture, an interviewer may ask you this question. Your understanding of a particular concept may be tested if the company works in a particular industry, such as banking or retail. Describe domain-driven design briefly in response to the question.
Example: “A solution architect may design an application using the latest technologies, but if it does not meet a client’s needs, it may be of no value to them. Domain Driven Design (DDD) focuses on the domain of a business. It is a methodology that incorporates core business domain concepts into the software architecture. It focuses on the core domain and domain logic. A solution architect can design complex designs based on the models of the domain. They also collaborate with domain experts to understand and resolve domain-related issues.”
80. When designing and implementing your solution, what steps do you take to ensure security?
Security is a top priority when it comes to securing a solution architect’s services. Any business is concerned about security breaches. You will be tested on how you build solutions in an optimized manner by an interviewer. Why do you think your security solutions work? Describe your approach to security.
Example: It is possible for organizations to suffer financial losses if vital business information or customer data is leaked. In developing the solution architecture, I begin by understanding how I can incorporate security factors. To ensure data privacy and prevent unauthorized access, I apply access control and encryption measures to my databases in order to protect them against SQL injection. Using HTTPS domains, concealing web server information, and using strong passwords are ways I ensure optimum security for my solutions.
81. Describe the tools you may use to design a solution.
To design an architecture for a system, a solution architect may use a variety of tools. Discuss the ones you have used so far and their importance of them. There are also other tools you may be familiar with but may not have used yet, which you can also mention. By reading the job description, you will also be able to get a better understanding of the skills that are mentioned in it.
Example: “Some of the most popular tools for solution architects are:
- With Veracode, you can analyze source code and achieve design goals more quickly and at a lower cost.
- Using Nagios for monitoring and resolving problems with systems and infrastructure.
- Software development uses Git to track changes in source code.
- In addition to executing processes, downloading applications, or navigating between multiple files, you can also use the Terminal to operate on multiple files at once.
- It is recommended that Java and Docker be used for programming.