At Askelp.com, we have compiled a list of salesforce marketing cloud interview questions & answers which would help aspiring professionals prepare for their Salesforce Marketing Cloud Interviews.
1. What is Salesforce Marketing Cloud?
Salesforce Marketing Cloud is a Salesforce platform used to automate marketing and engage customers. Four different versions of the software are available on a SaaS platform. There are different levels of functionality in each and multiple at-cost components that further enhance functionality.
2. What are the advantages of Salesforce Marketing Cloud?
There are several advantages of Salesforce Marketing Cloud:
- Data Management
- Integration Capabilities
- Third-Party Applications
- Application of Artificial Intelligence
3. What can you do with Salesforce Marketing Cloud?
Salesforce Marketing Cloud is a powerful platform with capabilities across the marketing domain.
- Customer engagement in real-time
- Email and marketing automation
- Social media engagement, listening, and advertising
- Mobile messaging and push notifications
- Customer marketing analytics
4. What are the different types of data extensions?
Standard – This is a basic one used to create a new data extension and includes the fields as needed.
Filtered – By selecting a data extension, you can filter out the records by defining criteria.
Random – Choose a percentage or number of subscribers from a source data extension.
Personalization is the main purpose of AMPscript. Simple if-else statements make it easy to learn.
Integrations and handling JSON requests/responses effectively are handled by SSJS.
6. How do Dynamic Components work in Salesforce Marketing Cloud (SFMC)?
In addition to offering personalized experiences for email recipients, Salesforce Marketing Cloud also encourages greater engagement.
Dynamic content – Based on an individual’s features, connected records, and guidelines used for all of them, this feature allows for making customized email material and subject lines. The message content will be customized based on the recipient, providing an engaging experience without having to create multiple versions of a single email.
Dynamic delivering profiles – The feature enables the development of custom sending out handles for an email; for instance, you can produce a single email and have the sender appear different based on the salesperson and the recipient.
7. What is the difference between a Lookup versus a LookupRow versus a LookupOrderedRow?
Lookup – Retrieves one row from the database.
LookupRows – Returns a set of rows from the database. Up to 2000 rows can be returned.
LookupOrderedRows – Obtain more than 2000 rows and sort them according to a field.
8. How does Salesforce marketing cloud handle B2B and B2C?
Salesforce’s marketing cloud deals with B2C and B2B by providing powerful digital advertising platforms for businesses and consumers to personalize every channel, calculate campaign behavior, and merge all the information and data resources.
9. What is the syntax for Synchronized objects DE in SQL?
Querying at Parent Business Unit – From Contact_Salesforce, select Name
Querying at Child Business Unit – Selecting Name from Ent.Contact_Salesforce
10. Can you explain A/B testing?
In A/B testing, you deliver two models of your Marketing Cloud Email Studio communication to examine the target audience from your customer checklist.
11. How do personalization strings work?
An identifier is enclosed in a delimiter (%%), which can be added to messages and landing pages.
It comes in two varieties:
Attribute Strings – Values are derived from a field in a data extension or an attribute related to a Contact or Subscriber.
System Strings – Strings configured by the system display Output concerning the context of contact or subscriber. You can use emailaddr, MOBILE_NUMBER, etc.
12. What are the different Salesforce Community cloud licenses?
Salesforce Community cloud licenses include:
- Customer community plus
- Customer community
- Partner community
13. Can you explain the difference between exit criteria and goal criteria?
Goal – Defining the goals will help you understand how your customers interact with the brand. It can also act as an exit criterion once you reach the goal.
Exit – Whether you want contacts to exit the Journey based on specific criteria.
14. What are the different actions taken by a social studio?
A social studio performs the following actions:
- The Social Studio allows us to hear what customers are saying about the product and their views.
- It is easy to design and create content for various social media platforms.
- Social media marketing can be monitored continuously.
15. What is Pardot used for?
Pardot provides a complete set of B2B marketing automation tools for building relationships, building pipelines, enriching business, and creating leads.
16. Can you explain the purpose of using different business units?
- Maintain a separate brand (based on geography, region, etc.)
- In cases where business units are not to share information
- To keep data organized
- Restricts data access to users from other business units
17. What are the important exercises performed using email studio?
The following exercises are performed using the email studio:
Building of salutary emails:
Our email studio will provide us with a drag-and-drop option, individual templates, and customized scripting language so the organization can create engaging emails.
With the email studio, we can set up a shipping time so that the clients receive their emails at a set time, regardless of where we are.
Targeting of your audience:
Our email studio helps us target only the people interested in our products or services.
18. What are the various options for handling unsubscribes when dealing with business units in SFMC?
Subscribers will also be unsubscribed from all Child business units if they unsubscribe
The child business unit they are unsubscribed from is the only one they are unsubscribed from
How does dynamic mail work?
Dynamic mail allows us to perform a variety of tasks in Gmail. A user can perform multiple functions on the same tab simultaneously and perform any necessary actions.
19. Write a query to display all ’emails opened in the last 30 days’?
j.JobID, j.EmailName, o.EventDate, s.EmailAddress, s.SubscriberKey
_job j JOIN _open o on j.JobID = o.JobID
_subscribers s on o.SubscriberID = s.SubscriberID
o.IsUnique = 1 AND o.EventDate > dateadd(d,-30,getdate())
20. Can you list out the different data sources for Journey Builder?
Journey Builder uses the following sources of data:
- Data Extension
- Salesforce Data
21. In Journeys, describe the types of entry settings and splits.
- No re-entry
- Re-entry at any time
- Re-entry only after exiting
- Decision split: Determine which contacts should be filtered out.
- Engagement split: Determine the next step based on opens and clicks.
- Random split: Determine which email version is more effective by randomly splitting the contacts.
22. Which activities are included in Journey Builder?
There are four activities in Journey Builder:
- Journey builders will align information and messages over advertising and marketing networks.
- Journey builders will summarize the Journey of each client.
- Using journey builders, we can examine distributed advertising or marketing.
- Depending on the changes needed, journey builders adjust swiftly.
23. How does Journey builder differ from Automation studio?
- It allows multiple entry points
- That can be used to create and update Sales/Service cloud object records
- Einstein-related features
- Have more communication channels than Automation Studio
- Provides more options for interacting with Sales/Service
- Involves Data management activities, SSJS Scripts, and FTP
- The Journey can be included as one of the steps
- Ability to Import reports from Sales/Service Cloud
24. What is the best way to set up a Journey to only send out communications between 9 and 5?
You can specify the delivery window using the ‘Delivery window’ option.
25. What are the different tasks that Data Studio performs?
Data Studio performs the following actions:
- The information is protected and handled by Data Studio.
- With the help of the data studio, we can easily determine the targeted audience.
- By using the data studio, organizations can increase income.
26. Is it possible to delete a user in the Salesforce Marketing Cloud?
It is not possible to delete a user in Salesforce, but we can freeze them to get them deactivated.
27. Describe the components of the Send Classification process?
This includes the ‘From Name’ and ‘From Email’ fields.
Indicate the IP address to use, and the physical mailing address mentioned at the bottom of an email.
- Promotions or advertisements are promoting products or services.
- Contains an unsubscribe mechanism.
- Transactional in nature. For example, reset passwords, receipts for transactions, etc.
- Optional unsubscription feature.
28. How does the contact deletion process work?
Initiate process -> Suppression Period -> Deletion
- The Parent business unit can only perform this process, not the Child business unit.
- A suppression period of 14 days is the default but can be modified as necessary.
29. Is Salesforce Marketing Cloud (SFMC) capable of integrating data from third parties?
To import and export data from SFMC, you have four options:
- Manual Import
30. Which are the different levels of unsubscribes?
List level: Unsubscribe from a particular list
Master-level: Turn off your subscription at the account level
Global level: Unsubscribe from all the accounts
31. How to Select the subscribers with the highest referral points using SQL?
Use the ‘row number’ function in SQL
32. Describe IP warming?
You will build up (for at least 30 days) the reputation of your Marketing Cloud account by sending emails from your new IP at first with a small volume, then increasing it gradually. The deliverability rate will improve as a result.
33. What are profiles in Salesforce Marketing Cloud?
- The SFMC has profiles used to manage permissions in the app and give them to a specific group of users.
- Salesforce automatically creates some profiles for you. Additionally, you can customize further profiles.
34. Describe different methods for segmenting the data?
Applied to a Data Extension to remove records
Use the WHERE clause to specify the conditions
35. Is there a possibility for a customer to come back into a journey?
Based on the settings for the Journey depends on the customer’s Journey. It might be possible to set it so that customers can return to journeys at any time or re-enter after exiting. Alternatively, it can be set to prevent customers from entering the Journey.
36. Is there a difference between a Core library and a Platform library?
The core library is primarily used for interacting with Email Studio via SOAP API calls.
A platform function is similar to AMPscript, used to interact with webpages, APIs, and other applications.
37. How do I include personalization in an email without using AMPscript?
Under the Content Builder, choose “Dynamic Content.”
38. In AMPscript, what is the difference between iif() and if?
iif(condition,true,false): A variable can be used to store the Output
if: A simple condition is met
39. What are the steps to send the data from SFMC to FTP with the automation studio?
- SQL (will store the data in a Data extension)
- Data Extract (Data extension extract option)
- File Transfer (Safehouse to FTP)
40. What is an Auto-suppression list?
This is used to automatically suppress all the sends to the subscribers included in the list. The list may contain competitors’ or subscribers’ addresses with poor deliverability.
41. What are the different ways to Unsubscribe from a subscriber?
It can be done using any of the below options:
- Click on ‘All Subscribers’ and choose the subscriber manually
- By using the LogUnsubEvent property
- from the Subscriber object created in AMPscript
- Feedback loops
- Create a reply mail management system to handle requests
42. What is the process for creating/updating/retrieving records from the Service cloud?
Use AMPscript functions:
- Create: CreateSalesforceObject
- Update: UpdateSingleSalesforceObject
- Retrive: RetrieveSalesforceObject
43. Can you explain the difference between InsertDE and InsertData?
The record is inserted into a data extension, and the Output is stored in a variable.
Inserts the record without resulting in any output.
44. From a third-party form, how will the data be captured in SFMC?
Several methods are available:
- Salesforce connectors require you to enter credentials, select the DE, and map fields for some form handlers. Using the POST URL, Client ID & Data extension external key, additional form handlers send a POST request to Marketing Cloud.
- Use an iframe to embed a Cloudpage on another website.
- Using the Marketing Cloud Connector, connect the form to Sales/Service Cloud and pull the data into SFMC.
- Leverage APIs
45. What are the different Content Blocks that you can use?
There are pre-built content blocks in Marketing Cloud Content Builder.
Your future employer is likely to be interested in using Content Builder to create design variety and subscriber engagement in your email templates. A block can be classified as “basic”, “advanced”, “interactive”, or “social”:
- A/B Test
- Dynamic Content/Enhanced Dynamic Content
- Einstein Content Selection
- Image Form
- Image Carousel
- Social Follow
- Social Share
46. Dynamic Email: How does it work?
A dynamic content block in an email can display (render) information based on subscriber attributes, data extension values, or audiences.
Suppose you want to personalize an email based on gender instead of building two emails (one for male subscribers and another for female subscribers). In that case, you can create a dynamic content block that renders the correct content due to gender.
47. What is the difference between the Sender Profile and the Delivery Profile?
The sender profile specifies the information for an email sent (i.e. ‘From Name,’ ‘From Email Address’) in a central location. Therefore, it can be reused across multiple sends without the user having to recreate it each time.
The delivery profile specifies your IP address, headers, and footers when you send an email. The delivery profile can be reused across multiple sends like the sender profile.
48. What are the different options for email sending in SFMC?
You can send emails from SFMC in several ways. Be aware of these so you can maximize your organization’s use of the platform:
Single Email Send: An easy way to send an email. You open the email, move to the ‘send’ section, select the audience and other options, then click ‘send.’
User-Initiated Send: When you define a message to be sent, it will either be sent immediately or scheduled to be sent later. A user-initiated send allows you to select the email, audience, and send time.
Triggered Email Send: A message that Marketing Cloud sends to an individual subscriber due to any action taken by that subscriber. Automated, personalized responses to your customers’ website activities can be delivered via triggered emails. The emails are tracked and targeted.
49. How do you understand SFMC and “Customer Journey”?
SFMC provides software and services for digital marketing automation and analytics. It consists of various studios and builders (like Email Studio or Journey Builder) that allow users to communicate with customers through multiple channels like email, SMS, ads, and push. Additionally, it offers to track and reporting features and can be integrated with any external system like web analytics, data warehouses, or CRM systems.
The customer journey is how the customer feels when interacting with your team and using your product.
SFMC helps map customer interactions with a company for the entire customer lifecycle, giving a better picture of the customer journey.
50. How can we enable Marketing Cloud in Salesforce?
The steps are:
- Select ‘Set Up’.
- Choose the ‘Connected Apps’ option under Manage Apps and select ‘Salesforce Marketing Cloud.’
- Permissions for users can be set by using ‘Manage Permission Sets.’
51. Can A/B tests be performed on email components?
One of the most common strategies marketers use is A/B testing to determine which version of their emails gets a better response from subscribers.
The SFMC platform comes with A/B testing as a standard feature. Candidates should be aware of the various features available.
A/B testing can be applied to the Email Subject Line, Email Preheader, From Name, Content Area, and Send time of an email.
52. How is the winning version determined in A/B testing?
You set the criteria to determine the winning email when you set up an A/B test. There are two ways to choose the winner:
- By opening the email the most times.
- By choosing the version with the highest unique click-through rate (CTR).
53. How does cross-channel marketing work? Is there more than one channel for communicating with customers in SFMC?
A cross-channel marketing strategy uses various channels to communicate and spread marketing messages to consumers.
Channels Available in SFMC:
54. Explain the various products available in SFMC briefly?
Used to create large-scale, personalized email campaigns. The tool selects the audience, creates the best emails, and automates the messages.
Provides real-time personalized interaction with the audience through mobile devices, such as sending SMS, push, and chat app messages.
Engages customers through social media outlets like Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube by listening, publishing, and publishing content. Social media is connected to marketing, sales, and customer service in one platform powered by AI.
Using Salesforce, develop personalized 1-to-1 advertising for Google, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, and Display at scale.
Contains a complete set of B2B marketing automation tools that will help generate more pipelines, create relevant connections, and empower sales teams to get more deals.
Ensures that the entire customer’s data is collected and centralized across all touch points so the user can get a complete view of the customer.
The platform allows you to access data from other data provider sources transparently and reliably.
Tracks and manages customer interactions in real-time.
An overview of the cross-channel experience for each customer at various campaign stages.
55. Is it possible to place an individual subscriber in a certain A/B test distribution?
You have two options for the test distribution:
“Number of subscribers,” for example, 35 will receive version A, 65 will receive version B.
“Percentage of subscribers,” for example, 40% will receive version A, 60% version B.
When you define the test distribution, A/B testing uses a random split. You cannot place a specific subscriber in one distribution or the other – which subscriber enters which grouping is not within our control.
56. What can Automation Studio do and its essential functions?
A Salesforce Marketing Cloud tool called Automation Studio automates marketing activities. A multi-step marketing process and data management can be done at the defined time using this system. You can perform the task immediately, on a schedule or trigger basis.
The most prominent activities are:
- The Wait Activity: Waiting a certain period or until a specific time before proceeding.
- Import File Activity
- Data Extract Activity: Create zipped files to be used outside of SFMC, or convert an XML file into another format to import into SFMC.
- Send Email Activity: The user selects, configures, and sends an email message.
- SQL Query Activity: Retrieve or store information about a data extension or view.
57. Name the entry sources in Journey Builder?
In Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Journey Builder allows you to create cross-channel automated marketing campaigns – when used fully, impressive, targeted campaigns are possible.
A journey begins with the entry source, which injects segmented data. Imagine this as a means of transport for your contacts: the point of collection (data source), all their luggage (attributes), and who is allowed to board (filter criteria).
Journey Builder Entry Sources include:
Data Extension: Contacts in a sendable data extension (the most common type).
Salesforce Data: New contacts are added to the entry source when something happens in Salesforce.
Audience: When creating and publishing audiences using Audience Builder.
Event: Use this field for date-based events (birthdays, anniversaries, reminders, renewals).
API Event: Add new data to journeys from a website or another system that isn’t integrated with Marketing Cloud.
58. What are the benefits of dynamic emails for marketing departments?
The dynamic email content is any personalized part of a mass message that needs to be adjusted based on the subscriber’s behavior. Among its many benefits are that it saves time, allows you to send relevant segmented content, avoids difficulties updating email lists based on selected content, and helps create different email templates for different audiences.
59. How can message actions be performed in Journey Builder?
The following messaging activities are possible:
- Mobile push notifications
- In-app messages
- Inbox messages
- LINE messages
For some messaging activities, content must be created before designing a journey.
60. What is the purpose of send classification?
You can create sender and delivery profiles and combine them in whatever way you need for your sends.
61. What is the difference between Engagement split and Decision Splits?
These activities divide contacts into separate cohorts that follow different paths.
It depends on the characteristics of the contact. By placing a Decision Split in a journey, Journey Builder evaluates the data of that specific contact, directing them to the path they qualify for.
Based on contact engagement. The Engagement Split activity sends customers down the path they are eligible for based on whether they open, click a link in an email, or bounce an email.
62. What is the difference between Send Flow and Guided Send?
Guided Send is used in Classic Content. In Email Studio, Send Flow replaces Guided Send for Content Builder emails. Send Flow makes it easy to see what you’re sending, and it consolidates all major sending functionality into a simple, highly visual interface.
63. Can contacts re-enter a journey?
To control if/when contact can enter a journey, you can select from three options in the Journey’s settings:
- No re-entry
- Re-entry anytime
- Re-entry after exiting
Contacts can re-enter a journey as long as the appropriate setting is selected.
64. Which Wait Activity controls are available in Journey Builder?
The term ‘Wait Activity’ describes a period between activities during which contacts are held. Wait activities can be classified as follows:
“Wait by Duration”: Waiting for a specified amount of time.
“Wait Until Date”: Waiting until a specified date and time.
“Wait by Attribute”: Waits until the date and time stored in the field are reached.
65. How can data be filtered in Data Extensions?
SFMC allows you to create Data Filters to filter data from a data extension (this is a point-and-click approach). SQL can also be used to filter data from a data extension.
66. What is the difference between Subscribers and Contacts? Which lists are available for subscription?
Salesforce Market Cloud stores the information of the contacts of a person or company in the database. These contacts will receive messages through any of the channels of this cloud. Subscribers are stored in Contacts in Email Studio. The contacts have opted to receive messages and have opted to receive them via Email, SMS, push notifications, etc. There are various lists related to this:
All Subscriber List:
All contacts in Email Studio are Subscribers, and they are all included in the All Subscriber list. It holds details about the subscriber like the Subscriber key, subscription or Unsubscribe status, email address, etc. They will receive emails from Marketing Cloud through various channels like Email, SMS, or push notifications.
A subset of All Subscriber List is used to manage opt-ins for your email account in Email Studio. It can be used to control how subscribers receive different types of emails. Some examples are Newsletter Publication Lists, Birthday Publication Lists, or Anniversaries Publication Lists. Users must select this list to send email or SMS messages to a sendable data extension. Subscribers added to a Publication list are also added to the All Subscribers list. Similarly, if a subscriber unsubscribes from the All Subscribers list, the subscriber is unsubscribed from all Publication Lists.
This field stores the subscriber’s email address who does not wish to receive your emails.
You can store the email addresses of subscribers who will not receive a particular email campaign due to their location, gender, or customer type. Suppression and Exclusion Lists serve different purposes. Email addresses on suppression lists are permanently excluded from all future email campaigns.
It is decided at run time whether to include or exclude a subscriber from sending an email in the Exclusion Script.
67. How can you merge two Data Extensions?
SQL Joins can be used to merge two data extensions. Automation Studio can create SQL Activities.
68. What are the benefits of syncing Marketing Cloud with Sales Cloud?
The sales and marketing teams can increase business performance and make room for progress by working together. The Marketing Team generates leads through various activities and provides marketing materials to the Sales Team.
Salesforce uses ‘Marketing Cloud Connect’ to sync these two clouds. If the clouds are synced, there is no need to import data from Sales to Marketing Cloud.
- Synced DEs are Data Extensions that flow data from the Sales to the Marketing Cloud.
- Integrated Sales and Marketing: Marketing people can leverage Sales data to reach out by email or other channels to potential clients or enhance relationships with existing customers. It has a single data model and helps clients target and track emails.
- The collaboration between Sales Cloud and SFMC extends to the advanced email marketing capabilities of the Sales team by combining contact and lead data from your Sales Cloud account with Marketing Cloud campaigns.
- With this integration, getting a single view of your customers’ Journey with your company is possible. This is the 360-degree view of a customer.
69. What data models are available in Marketing Cloud, and what are their differences?
Data models (data structures) used by SFMC can be classified into two types:
lists: a collection of subscribers to your communications.
Companies with the following requirements can benefit from them:
- Not more than 500,000 subscribers
- Fewer attributes for subscribers
- Performance over simplicity
Data extensions: A table in the database that contains your data. A data extension could be used to store subscriber information (such as lists) or any other relational data.
It fulfills the following requirements:
- There are more than 500,00 subscribers
- Multiple subscriber data sets must be defined separately.
- High-speed networks.
- Utilize SOAP or REST APIs.
- Flexible subscription models.
- Additional fields are required.
- Sends triggered by subscription.
70. What are publication lists? When should you use them?
Email Studio manages subscriber consent (opt-ins) by using publication lists and controlling how subscribers receive emails. A Publication list must be selected to send emails and SMS messages to a sendable data extension.
Establish a separate list of publications for each category (e.g., newsletters, ads, product alerts). Subscribers have distinct statuses for each publication list.
71. What can you do with a content builder in Email Studio?
Content Builder is a cross-channel content management tool that helps in consolidating images, documents, and content in one place for use in the Marketing Cloud. It’s an easy-to-use, drag-and-drop interface which makes it more effective. It features:
Susceptive Email Templates and Content Blocks:
You can create a variety of content blocks, such as Text, Image, Freeform, Button, HTML, and Dynamic content. It has the following main advantages:
- Layout page filling automatically adjusts to every device and email service.
- Pre-built layouts.
Interactive Email Content:
Provides a more engaging experience for your customers. It consists of two parts:
- Email Form: This captures subscriber information such as reviews and preferences
- Image Carousel: Users of Apple Mail and iOS Mail can insert up to five rotating images into the email body to provide a visual overview.
72. What is the difference between an All Subscribers List and a Publication List?
All Subscribers list:
- There is a master list of records in your SFMC account for every subscriber.
- It is a subset of subscribers from the All Subscribers list.
- Subscribers are automatically added to the All Subscribers list when they are added to a Publication list.
- Subscriptions to the All Subscribers list hold the subscriber’s master opt-in status; if a subscriber is unsubscribed from the All Subscribers list, they are automatically unsubscribed from all Publication Lists.
73. Using Salesforce, what are the different options for sending emails?
Single Email Send:
- It is as simple as opening an email, clicking send, selecting the target audience and other configurations, and sending.
- The user selects the email, audience, and time the email should be sent.
Triggered Email Send:
- When the subscriber performs any action, an email is sent to him/her. It is used to customize and automate customer responses on the company’s website. The emails are tracked, targeted, and sent in real-time.
74. In Salesforce Marketing Cloud, what data import options are available?
You have four options for importing data from SFMC: FTP, API, CloudPages, and Manual Import.
- Every SFMC account comes with an SFTP account.
- Import, Export, and Reports folders are created in your SFTP folder by Marketing Cloud.
- These SFTP folders can be used to import data into lists and data extensions or update subscriber lists on the FTP server.
- SFMC supports both REST and SOAP APIs for importing or exporting data.
- The REST API provides more comprehensive access to Marketing Cloud capabilities, while the SOAP API provides comprehensive access to most email functionality.
- CloudPage landing pages are web pages you can view in a browser or link to other websites and emails.
- In SFMC, you can build these pages to display data from your data extensions or lists.
- You can also use AMPscript to write data into lists or data extensions from the cloud page.
- SFMC lists and data extensions can be imported directly from CSV files using the manual import option.
75. How would you leverage Lead Scoring and Lead Grading systems in Salesforce?
- These are commonly used techniques to qualify leads from marketing to sales.
- Lead Scoring is a way to automatically rate the lead in numbers to show how interested he is lead in the company’s product. Rating criteria are based on the action lead performance, like showing interest in a demo or visiting the pricing page.
- Lead grading is similar to lead score, but this grading is done from A to F depending on the lead’s location, industry, job title, etc. Lead is passed from Marketing to Sales when it matches the company’s ideal customer profile.
- Both are very effective techniques to ensure that only the most qualified leads get passed from marketing to sales.
76. How does Salesforce Sales Cloud or Service Cloud connect to Marketing Cloud?
- CRM provides a connector called ‘Marketing Cloud Connect’ that syncs data from the Sales/Service Cloud with the Marketing Cloud.
- Marketing Cloud Data Extensions are called Synchronized DEs, where the data flows.
77. A company manager sets a time and date limit for A/B testing. He waits until the date and time have passed. What is the best way for the Manager to decide which of two emails to choose?
The test variation’s conversion rate is not expected to improve over time, so managers should watch results as they may be strongly skewed in one direction (i.e., the test variation’s conversion rate is consistently lower than the control). To preserve the company’s health, they can decide whether to end the test early.
To choose a better email, two factors must be considered: Click-through rate (CTR) and open rate
78. What is the process for sharing data between different SFMC Business Units (BU)?
- You can share a data extension (DE) from a parent BU with a child BU by placing it in the shared folder of the parent BU.
- If you switch to the child BU, you will find the DE in the ‘Shared’ folder. The data in this DE can be used in the child BU.
79. How many types and levels of SFMC Reports are there?
The three given levels are:
- Marketing Activity Reports.
- Customer Impact Reports.
- Return on Investment Reports.
Different kinds of reports are:
- Summary reports, Tabular reports, and Matrix reports.
Standard Email reports are:
- Email Send.
- Subscriber Engagement.
- Account Sent Summary.
80. What other communication channels can be used in SFMC to improve targeted customer communication?
SFMC has the following features:
- MobileConnect: Create, Send, and Monitor SMS and MMS.
- GroupConnect: LINE and Facebook Messenger messaging apps.
- MobilePush: Send push notifications (as well as silent notifications, in-app messaging, Bluetooth beacons, and geolocation)
- Use a unified interface to create, schedule, and monitor social media posts and benefit from real-time engagement and rich analytics.
- Connect your CRM data to online advertising.
- Create new prospects with lookalike audiences that behave like your current high-value customers.
81. How does the Update Job Links feature work?
Once an email sent has been completed, you can use this feature to edit a link in the email. You need to open the send from tracking and edit the URL.
82. Can the link in an email be changed after being sent?
Yes! Using the Update Job Links Email Studio feature, you can edit links in an email after sending it. This feature has some considerations.
83. In the All Subscriber list, how can the subscriber’s status change from active to unsubscribe?
If any of these occur:
- The subscriber clicks the unsubscribe link in the email.
- You can unsubscribe from Marketing Cloud by clicking “Unsubscribe” on an account record for a contact, lead, or person.
84. When a contact unsubscribes from the parent Business Unit (BU), will they also unsubscribe from the child BU?
By enabling the ‘Unsubscribe from this Business Unit Only’ setting, the Active/Unsubscribed status in ‘All Subscribers’ is maintained separately. If this setting is enabled, the contact will not be unsubscribed from the child BU.
You can always change the settings so that customers unsubscribe from all child BUs when unsubscribing from the parent BU.
85. What are the options for changing the branding of the Preference Centre?
In BrandBuilder, you can customize the color scheme for your Marketing Cloud account, which can be applied to the following:
- Logo, header background color, etc.
- The primary navigation buttons, etc.
- Login screen appearance, etc.
- Landing page for surveys, etc.
- A page to forward to friends, etc.
- Profile and subscription pages.
86. Is there a standard SFMC email report?
Demonstrate how to access email metrics in the best format for your situation. Here are the types of reports you can use:
Account Send Summary: All responses for an SFMC account are organized by send.
Performance by Domain: displays the results of an email sent to each Domain for a single send.
Email Send: displays the number of emails sent from the account.
Subscriber Engagement: displays how engaged subscribers are with emails.
87. How Well Do You Know Customer Journeys And Customer Journey Mapping In SFMC?
- In interacting with a brand, customers go through many touchpoints that can increase their brand awareness and convert them into loyal repeat customers. Every customer’s Journey must be mapped, and that’s why it’s so important. That’s where SFMC Journey Builder comes in.
- The Journey Builder in SFMC allows email marketers to visualize every customer’s interaction with them throughout their Journey. It allows companies to gain valuable customer insights and then use these insights to improve sales, marketing, and branding.
- Customers can be understood better, and a multi-channel experience can be built to consistently engage with them throughout the Journey. In addition, they can build personalized campaigns that enhance customer experiences, delight customers, and keep them coming back.
88. Is it possible to combine Journey Builder, Content Builder, and Email Studio in SFMC?
One of the most important modules in SFMC is Email Studio, followed by Content Builder, then Journey Builder. Email marketing teams can optimize customer journeys, streamline the email creation lifecycle, improve content management, and boost key performance metrics by using them together.
- Through Journey Builder, they can tell the story of the customer’s experience at each touchpoint along the way. Journey builders can understand customer interactions with the brand, where gaps exist, and what measures the quality of the brand experience. Using this information, email marketing can be optimized to provide the best customer experience. Journey builder can accomplish this by using both Content Builder and Email Studio.
- Consolidate your email team’s resources in one place with Content Builder, an easy-to-use content management tool. Using these resources, content blocks, pre-built templates, and layouts, they can create responsive, professional emails.
- With Email Studio, users can easily create, send, and track targeted email marketing campaigns. There are numerous content creation tools in the tool, including content blocks, reusable templates, dynamic content, and A/B testing.
With these tools, email marketing teams can deliver relevant, highly personalized content to their audiences and get great results from their email marketing campaigns.
89. Describe Einstein AI in SFMC?
Salesforce Marketing Cloud is powered by a powerful AI engine called Einstein. It allows marketing teams to understand customer engagement and behavior to personalize every interaction and automate many processes in their email marketing workflows.
- Einstein Engagement Scoring, for instance, enables email teams to predict subscriber engagement and target specific audiences with customized campaigns created in Email Studio.
- Once that’s done, they can use Einstein Messaging Insights to identify which emails are under or over-performing. Then, Einstein Messaging Insights can adjust campaign and journey parameters to augment performance.
- Among the most popular Einstein tools in SFMC is Einstein Send Time Optimization. Email marketing teams can automatically determine the best times to send emails to boost open rates, engagement, and conversions.
90. What Does the Behavioral Trigger In SFMC Mean? For What Purpose Is It Used?
- An action taken by a subscriber constitutes a behavioral trigger. It is an Apex code, so it is also known as an Apex trigger in SFMC.
- As soon as a triggering event occurs, the subscriber will receive an automated email from the brand’s SFMC platform.
- When a subscriber completes a purchase on a brand’s eCommerce page, it is a trigger to send them a “thank you for shopping” email with order details.
- The two components of a triggered email in SFMC are the content and the interaction. To control when the triggered email is sent, the user needs to define an interaction.
- In addition, they must provide information about the message and the behavior the interaction will use every time it is triggered.
- In SFMC, all triggered emails are trackable, targeted to a specific subscriber, and are generally sent immediately after the trigger event.
91. How Will You Set Up A/B Testing In SFMC?
- There is an advanced A/B testing feature in SFMC.
- Email marketing teams can set up multiple campaign versions and test these versions with a small audience using A/B testing or split testing. All subscribers get the “winning” version that drives more engagement.
- To set up A/B testing in SFMC, email teams must create the target segment based on relevant parameters like location, gender, purchase history, etc. To measure the success of the A/B test, they should identify key metrics.
- Lastly, they should create well-formatted, mobile-friendly email messages because even the messages will reach “real” subscribers.
- In SFMC Email Studio, the team should create an A/B test after laying the groundwork. After choosing test recipients, they set winner criteria, scheduled a test deployment, and configured send options.
- Upon completing the test, they can view the results to determine the winning email version and send it.