Salesforce Administration is a very important role in every organization. The main responsibility of the administrator is to manage the entire salesforce application. They should also be able to handle the technical aspects of the system and have to deal with many different issues. They must know how to use the platform and how to troubleshoot problems as they arise and so on. It is not always possible for an applicant to demonstrate their skills during the interview process, but a good knowledge of the basic framework is necessary for effective job performance.
There are several methods to prepare for an interview that can lead you to success. This article will provide you step by step guidance on preparing for your first salesforce admin job interview. If you are planning for an interview, then preparing questions and answers from our post will help you in getting more clarity about your abilities as well as the skills needed for this particular job.
The below-mentioned questions are based on the real-time experience of other candidates who have previously been through the recruitment process. We strongly advise you that if you haven’t experienced these questions yourself do not worry because they are generic. They contain all the basic things which could come up at any point during an interview. If you have faced similar scenarios, it would be easy for you to prepare for them.
Salesforce Admin Interview Questions are grouped into three categories: Basic, Intermediate, and Advanced Salesforce Admin Interview Questions.
Basic Salesforce Admin Interview Questions and Answers
1. What is Salesforce, and what does it do?
The most popular platform for customer relationship management (CRM) is Salesforce. It offers cloud-based CRM applications for sales, customer service, marketing, etc. Salesforce allows users to manage business relationships and their associated data.
2. How does CRM work?
CRM stands for Customer Relationship Management, and it refers to an application that automates and digitizes sales and marketing activity to manage (and increase) revenue. CRM’s features assist marketing and sales professionals in attracting and retaining customers and clients, increasing sales.
3. What is the role of a Salesforce Administrator?
A Salesforce Administrator’s primary responsibilities and duties include:
- Manage routine administrator functions, such as user account maintenance, dashboards and reports, and workflows.
- Audit the system and prepare it for possible upgrades.
- Support Salesforce users and help them become more proficient with the system.
- Manage Salesforce data feeds.
Interact with users, vendors, and developers.
- Establish processes that benefit all administrative, change management, and development activities in cooperation with the organization’s management teams
4. Describe the different types of cloud computing?
This is a scalable, on-demand, networked system of remote servers located on the internet, allowing users to store, retrieve, manage, and process information remotely, replacing on-site infrastructure.
There are three main types of cloud computing:
- The concept of infrastructure as a service (IaaS)
- Software as a Service (SaaS), which also happens to be Salesforce’s foundation
- Platform as a Service (PaaS)
5. How many different editions does Salesforce have, and how often are updates released?
- Essentials Edition
- Professional Edition
- Enterprise Edition
- Unlimited Edition
- Developers Edition
The Salesforce platform releases updates three times a year (Winter, Spring, Summer) that includes many new features.
6. Explain Salesforce’s portal options?
There are three Salesforce portals available:
- Customer portal: It allows us to utilize the capabilities of the web to provide superior self-service to our customers.
- Partner portal: It enables partners to access Salesforce via a different website than non-partners.
- Self-service portal: Customers can access information about the organization through this portal.
7. How does Database.com work?
“Database.com” is a “Data as a Service” offering from Salesforce that improves the performance and efficiency of CRM applications.
8. Differentiate between Salesforce.com and Force.com?
They are relatively the same, but their functions are different.
Salesforce.com: Developed CRM-based applications, including an iPhone app that stores contact information, makes phone calls, and performs other phone functions.
Force.com: A data model and a user interface can be customized, e.g., an iPhone OS environment that can run apps.
9. What is the purpose of tabs in Salesforce? Mention the types of tabs?
A list of tabs is located in the Tab menu on Salesforce.com. Tabs allow access to an object’s data.
Tabs can be categorized into three types:
- Custom tab
- Visualforce tab
- Web tab
10. What is time-dependent workflow?
Before closing a record, we perform time-dependent actions. After some time, the workflow re-evaluates the record. When the workflow rule criteria are satisfied, the workflow rule executes the actions.
11. Explain Custom Labels?
A multilingual application is created in Salesforce using custom labels. Users receive help texts and error messages in their native language. Custom labels can be defined as custom text values accessed from Apex classes, Lightning components, or even Visualforce pages. These values can be translated into Salesforce’s native language. Using the following path, we can access custom labels:
Setup->Search Custom Labels in Quick Find Box->Custom Labels
12. How important is Salesforce Chatter?
Salesforce Chatter is a social networking application that enables us to share information and collaborate. This increases employee engagement by motivating them. Salesforce Chatter also provides a forum for sharing fresh ideas and understandings throughout the company. We can also track projects with the mobile feed.
Intermediate Salesforce Admin Interview Questions
1. Exactly what is a profile? What types of profiles are available in Salesforce?
In Salesforce, a profile is similar to settings and permissions. It allows users to perform different functions according to their preferences. This is another method of managing particular records.
Profiles can be divided into two types:
- Standard profiles: Profiles created by Force.com
- Custom profiles: Profiles created by users
The standard Salesforce profiles are as follows:
- Standard User
- Solution Manager
- Marketing User
- System Administrator
2. How do Profiles and Roles differ?
Salesforce Profiles differ from Salesforce Roles in the following ways:
Profiles: Object and field-level access can be controlled using profiles, such as general permissions, tab level permissions, read & write permissions, etc.
Role: We may offer record-level access using roles, including organization-wide defaults, Role hierarchies, sharing rules, and manual sharing. Responsibility determines record-level access.
3. Can Salesforce.com users be deleted or frozen?
We cannot delete a user in Salesforce.com, but we can deactivate the user using the Freeze feature.
You can freeze a user by going to:
- Setup > Manage Users > Users
- Click on the user and then click Freeze.
4. Describe how Salesforce.com stores files, documents, and images.
Salesforce.com allows us to store files, documents, and images as follows:
- Google Drive
- Chatter Files
5. What are the default fields in an index?
The default indexed fields in Salesforce are:
- Primary Keys: Name, ID, and owner fields
- Foreign Keys: master-detail relationship fields and lookup fields
- Audit Dates: LastModifiesDate
- Custom Fields: (only marked as External ID or unique)
6. What does Field Dependency mean?
Field Dependencies are Salesforce filters that let users modify their content and control the value of one field based on the value. There are two other fields in Field dependency.
- Controlling Field.
- Dependent field.
7. What are the login hours and IP ranges for Salesforce users?
Login Hours: The schedule for login and logout is defined in an organization to set the time limit and working hours. A user who does not follow the schedule is flagged. You can set the login hours for an organization in Salesforce by going to:
Setup | Administration | Manage users | Profiles
Login IP: When a user attempts to log in using an unknown IP, the organization is alerted, and it can restrict the user’s access. So that they can prevent any loss, organizations use IP ranges to maintain secure access. Here’s how to set up the login IP ranges:
Setup | Administration setup | Manage users | Profiles
8. How does Salesforce handle various types of sharing rules?
Salesforce offers a few sharing rules, which are as follows:
- Account sharing Rule.
- Case Sharing Rule.
- Contact Sharing Rule.
- Custom Object sharing Rule.
- Lead Sharing Rule.
- Opportunity sharing Rule.
9. Define what a Roll-up Summary field is and its function?
Roll-up summary fields have the following characteristics:
- Master-Detail relationships can be created, but not Lookup relationships.
- Auto numbers cannot be used here.
- A roll-up summary field cannot be changed.
- The data comes from the Child object.
The roll-up summary field has the following functions:
10. What are the different types of reports in Salesforce?
Salesforce offers different kinds of reports, including:
Tabular Report: It can be compared to a spreadsheet and is the easiest and fastest way to see data. Tabular reports are the best for creating lists of records.
Summary Report: It is similar to a tabular report but allows users to group data, view subtotals, and create charts.
Matrix Report: Like a summary report, it allows users to group and summarize data by rows and columns.
Joined Report: A joined report allows us to create multiple report blocks that provide different views of our data, and each block functions as a subreport.
11. How can records be shared?
There are five ways to share records in Salesforce.
- Hierarchy of Roles
- Organization-Wide Defaults
- Manual Sharing
Criteria Based Sharing Rules
- Apex Sharing
12. Do you know about Bucket fields in Salesforce reports?
You can combine related data by ranges and segments using bucket fields without requiring sophisticated algorithms or custom fields. Report data can be grouped, filtered, and arranged using buckets. To create a bucket field, you must define numerous categories (buckets) that group report values.
Advanced Salesforce Admin Interview Questions and Answers
1. What are your methods for managing access at a record level?
Salesforce Administrators can manage record-level access in four ways:
- Manual sharing
- Organization-wide defaults
- Role hierarchies
- Sharing rules
2. Describe the different types of relationships in Salesforce.
These are the different types of relationships Salesforce users can establish between objects.
- External lookup
- Indirect lookup
- Many-to-many (junction object)
- Master-detail relationship
3. What does a Salesforce workflow entail?
Business logic evaluates records while creating and updating processes, determining whether automated actions should be taken. Records can perform a workflow action, such as updating data or notifying people or external systems.
4. Could you explain what an Apex transaction is?
Apex transactions are a set of operations that are executed together. They are also known as execution contexts.
5. What is a Rollup Summary, and what do they do?
The Rollup summary field calculates the values for a group of related records. Among the functions of the summary field are:
Count: Determines the total number of related records
Sum: Adds the values of selected fields
Min: Shows the lowest value
Max: Shows the highest value
6. Is an action scheduled to execute in a time-based workflow removed from the queue if the workflow is deactivated?
Even if the workflow is deactivated, the action remains active in the queue.
7. What do WhoID and WhatID mean in the context of activities?
WhoID is used to identify people, such as leads or contacts. WhatID describes objects like campaigns, accounts, custom objects, or cases.
8. How does the Formula field work?
A Formula field is a read-only field associated with a formula or expression from which its value is derived. The value of this type of field is immediately changed when the formula or expression is modified. Both standard and custom objects can create this type of field.
9. How does a Data Loader work?
Salesforce Data Loader is a client application that lets you import or export data in bulk. Salesforce records can be added, updated, removed, or exported with this tool. The Data Loader reads, extracts, and loads data from comma-separated values (CSV) files or a database connection. It can also export data to CSV files.
10. When do we use Data Loader?
Data Loader is used when:
- More than 50,000 to fewer than 5,000,000 records need to be loaded
- The object we need to load into is not supported by web-based importing
- Multiple mapping files should be saved for future use
- Data should be exported for backup purposes
- Uploading the records will prevent duplicates
11. What are the different Salesforce editions?
Essentials: The Salesforce Essentials edition is specially designed for small businesses. It has an easy-to-use UI. A variety of tools are included in the edition to allow it to be customized according to business needs.
Professional: This edition is designed for businesses that require the most CRM functionality. It includes features such as easy customization and integration with other technologies. It also includes administration tools that enable the deployment of small-scale applications.
Enterprise: The Enterprise edition is designed for large-scale businesses. Customization tools are available. The Enterprise edition administration tools facilitate large-scale deployments. API access is included in the Enterprise edition.
Unlimited: This edition includes very advanced features that maximize usage. Salesforce Unlimited allows for the efficient management of business resources that can be provided on-demand instantly. It provides premier support, a high storage limit, an increased number of custom apps, and more features.
Developer: The Developer edition gives you access to Salesforce’s Lightning Platform and APIs. Developers can customize the Salesforce platform with its tools and integrate it with other technologies and applications. The edition also includes the features of the Enterprise edition.
12. What are the tools for data management in Salesforce?
In Salesforce, you can manage data using the following tools:
- Data Import Wizard
- Data Loader
When it comes to salesforce administration, you need to put in a lot of hours to get trained. However, with proper preparation, you could land even better roles than what you imagined. So go ahead and start working towards your dream jobs.
Our admin salesforce training course helps the trainees to build confidence, gain new tools and increase professionalism. Our trainers give constant support throughout the whole program. Salesforce administrators are required to work both in client-facing environments as well as server-side administration. So we develop various modules to cover different aspects of the admin role along with hands-on practice.
If you want to become a successful salesforce admin or a salesforce architect enroll in our salesforce admin course today!
Call us at +91 9989432324 for more information